De Organic Design
Bouvier's definition of Sovereignty
- The union and exercise of all human power possessed in a state; it is a combination of all power; it is the power to do everything in a state without accountability; to make laws, to execute and to apply them: to impose and collect taxes, and, levy, contributions; to make war or peace; to form treaties of alliance or of commerce with foreign nations, and the like. Story on the Const. §207.
- Abstractedly, sovereignty resides in the body of the nation and belongs to the people. But these powers are generally exercised by delegation.
- When analysed, sovereignty is naturally divided into three great powers; namely, the legislative, the executive, and the judiciary; the first is the power to make new laws, and to correct and repeal the old; the second is the power to execute the laws both at home and abroad; and the last is the power to apply the laws to particular facts; to judge the disputes which arise among the citizens, and to punish crimes.
- Strictly speaking, in our republican forms of government, the absolute sovereignty of the nation is in the people of the nation; (q. v.) and the residuary sovereignty of each state, not granted to any of its public functionaries, is in the people of the state. (q. v.) 2 Dall. 471; and vide, generally, 2 Dall. 433, 455; 3 Dall. 93; 1 Story, Const. §208; 1 Toull. n. 20 Merl. Reper. h. t.
Recommended reading material
- The Law - Frederic Bastiat, 1850
- Invisible Contracts - George Mercier
- What does Accepted for Value Mean? - The American Connection
- How I Clobbered Every Bureaucratic Cash-Confiscatory Agency Known To Man! - Elizabeth Mary Croft
- The Dispatch of Merchants - William Avery, 1976
- Contract Trusts
- Pied Pipers of Babylon - Verl K. Speer, 1985
- The Sovereign Individual - James Dale Davidson & Lord William Rees-Mogg, 1997
Related NZ legislation
The postal service plays a particularly key role in the sovereignty of the land. Court houses and police stations etc are not in the NZ jurisdiction and their addresses "don't exist" which you can check for yourself with the NZ Address Finder.
Related projects and groups
- TPUC.org - The People's United Community
- Solutions In Commerce - Winston Shrout
- Robert Menard - About freemen on the land
- World Freeman Society
- Relating To Life
- Constitution Society
- FreedomReigns.us - a site dedicated to restoring sovereignty to the individual US states
- World Service Authority
- Five Flags intro
- Expat World
- APEC Business Travel Card
- World Citizen Solutions
- Liberty - see also the "Freedom" series of articles linked in infobox to the right
- Redemption movement
- Flag of convenience
- Flag of convenience (business)
- Jurisdictional arbitrage
- Free-Energy-Info.co.uk - excellent introduction to sovereignty concepts available as PDF too
- George Mercier
- Freedom Portal - referred to at end of Invisible Contracts
- U.N. inadvertently confirms “Freeman” concept
- The Fascinating Process of Self Liberation under Common Law
- Permanent state of emergency
- FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists - Anti-government extremists opposed to taxes and regulations pose a growing threat to local law enforcement officers in the United States
- Tax havens explained: How the rich hide money
- Kiri Campbell of Hawera New Zealand arrested and detained after drawing down funds with UCC form - see also her process
- Ken O'Keefe: Become a World Citizen and Starve the State!