The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez was elected to the presidency in 1998. His platform called for a wholesale rejection of globalization and what he called the "savage project of neo-liberalism" - which had been embraced by President Carlos Andrés Pérez - to be replaced with a radical nationalism that appealed to the country's impoverished majority. So it shouldn't have come as much of a surprise that a coup was engineered by supporters of past president Pérez. The good fortune of the Irish filmmakers who were in the country making a documentary on Chávez meant that the entire process, as recorded in interviews and footage from both sides (something the country's media wasn't adept at) gave a clear picture of how the attempted coup was orchestrated.
No Volveran - The Venezualan Revolution Now
Behind the bold policies of Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez is a revolutionary mass movement that is saying NO to capitalism, and attempting to change the course of Latin American history.
Journey deep into the barrios, out to the factories and into the heart of the revolution to find out why there is a movement to transform society. Meet the people who are fighting for power in their communities, and taking control of their work places. Follow the factory workers of Sanitarios Maracay in their struggle against sabotage and corruption, as they pave the way forward with their unprecedented campaign for full nationalisation under workers’ control.
In this feature length documentary, meet many of the key revolutionary figures to find out how they are trying to build socialism of the 21st century, and how it is changing peoples lives.
- 2015-12-05: CNN doesn’t want you to know the truth about Venezuela’s voting system
- 2015-02-18: The struggle of Venezuela against a common enemy - interview with Pilger
- 2014-02-23: The Current Counter-Revolutionary Offensive and How to Deal With it
- 2014-02-23: Regime change, destabilization and the hidden hands of U.S. capitalism
- 2014-02-22: Caracas chaos promoted by US with regime change aim
- 2014-02-22: Venezuela revokes CNN journalists’ press credentials for ‘war propaganda’
- 2014-02-14: Venezuela: The Right Wing Deploy Their Fascists
- 2012-03-06: R.I.P Hugo Chavez - Long Live the Bolivarian Revolution!!!
- 2012-10-05: 3 Million Strong Chavista March Shakes Caracas, Venezuela
- 2012-07-10: Chaves' plan for the next six years of Venezuela’s Bolivarian Revolution
- Simón Bolívar - source of the political ideas behind the revolution
- Venezuelan War of Independence
- Venezuelan bolívar - new Venezuelan currency as of 2008